Several good reasons to invite Janet to work in your school and/or speak at your conference:
1. Janet has been teaching for many years and understands how to talk to teachers.
2. Janet has written and edited nine books, 70 academic and professional articles and ten chapters in edited books. She can draw upon this knowledge and her own work with children for her workshops.
3. Teachers will go away from Janetís courses with a variety of ideas, strategies and activities that can be used in their classrooms.
4. Janet is fanatical about childrenís literature and she will read and share books at each and every opportunity during the course.
5. Janet is a confident, experienced speaker and delegates will respect the experience, knowledge and passion she brings to the course/conference.
6. Teachers will feel comfortable asking questions because Janet has been a teacher and understands what it is like to work with 30 mixed ability children.
7. Janet will challenge participants with her ideas, while simultaneously supporting their current practices and understandings.
8. Janet is able to blend theory and practice in ways that make sense to classroom teachers ......
and .....last but not least, Janet is passionate about her subject and believes in entertaining as well as educating so participants will go away at the end of a day having many of their existing philosophies reinforced and feeling empowered to try new and different things out in their classroom situation.